Georgetown Health Foundation Creates New GHF COVID-19 Relief Fund
In keeping with its mission, “…to generate and accelerate positive change in our community’s health,” GHF introduced the new GHF COVID-19 Relief Fund this spring. The unprecedented challenges presented by the coronavirus pandemic required a quick response to assist those most severely affected in our community. In May, applications were accepted from nonprofits wanting to partner with GHF in local pandemic relief and recovery efforts.
Georgetown Health Foundation is pleased to announce that the following organizations received funding for their COVID-19 relief efforts in Georgetown.
- Georgetown Backpack Buddies received funding for expansion of their current weekend food program, which serves qualifying GISD students.
- Helping Hands of Georgetown received funding for assistance with food costs in their Mobile Food Pantry program.
- Hope Alliance received funding for intervention services for victims of family violence/sexual assault.
- Meals on Wheels Central Texas received funding for assistance with food costs in their Meals on Wheels program.
- The Georgetown Project received funding for assistance in purchasing technology for remote education in their Bridges to Growth Parent Center program, which focuses on bilingual parent education and child care provider continuing education.
- The Key2Free received funding for transitional safe housing for survivors of sex trafficking.
GHF will launch a second round of funding for COVID-19 relief in August; awards for this cycle will be announced at the end of September, 2020.